Comments, Rotten Tomatoes and the like

There is always room for improvement; leave a comment tell me what you think. And please, be brutal. Nothing like being eviscerated by the general public (though in reality no one reads this so maybe not so general public).

13 8월, 2007

One Baaad Lesson

My Tutor Friend 2 (2007) is to the follow up My Tutor Friend (2003), which originally starred I-really-can't-freakin'-believe-he's-31-and-he's-SO-hot Kwon Sang Woo and Kim Ha Neul. Part 2 is the sort of movie you can't wait till it has finished. You have absolutely no idea how you got to the end,but you are so immensely glad the agonising pain is over. In a nutshell, it sucked.

Junko (Lee Cheong Ah) plays Junko a Japanese (with a Korean grandmother) exchange student who has goes to Korea in order to chase down her crush. She ends up as a boarder living with a bunch of seeming ne'er do wells including the lodge owner's son Jong Man (Park Ki Woong). Jong Man ends up being her Korean language teacher. At this point, I'm sure I'm supposed to say, "hilarity ensues". Suffice to say, there were few things I found funny about this movie. This movie failed on many levels to live up to the charm and charisma that made the first movie so much more inviting

The connection between Jong Man, the lay about son with credit card debt, and the nose to the grindstone, always on the lookout for a quick buck were definitely at odds with each other. Likewise her crush always seemed tepid at best. There was an all too sudden switch from enemies, to friends and from friends to potential love interest? I was frankly blindsided by it, and not in a good way, even though i knew it was coming. The cast seems way too young to comprehend what the hell they are supposed to be doing, and, the director may have been on holiday for all the focus this film definitively lacks. It seems all too much like a hastily put together cast and script to cash in on a good thing.

I was tres disappointed. Deleted the damn movie from my collection never to be seen again



0.5 out of 5, and that's only because I'm having a good day.

댓글 없음: